Sunday, July 4, 2010

6/28: Day 0 (Backdated)

Possibly the longest time I’ve ever spent on a trip to the east coast. I believe time-wise it’s matched the time needed to travel to Asia/Europe. For some reason I haven’t been having much luck with flying. This time, with terrible air traffic delay, having to sit in the airport and non-airconditioned aircraft for hours, having to miss my pick up shuttle which stops running at 9pm, and having no private sedan to come get me when the dispatcher forgot to call. This at the end of a very depressing day when I had to leave my family behind. Somehow the earliness of departure helped because I was too tired in the morning and too rushed to register the sadness. It will be a while until I see them. L But when I finally got to my apt in NJ around midnight, I had forgotten about all that again. I just wanted to crash after a 12 hr trip which could have been significantly reduced to five. My first impression of NJ: hot and humid in the summer. Just like Taiwan.

p.s. I sat next to a nice older man who also works for a ophthalmic drug company in San Diego. He was good company but somewhat awkward. Glad we are in the same field and that he was able to give me a lot of interesting insight although I am still at the very budding stage of my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment