Monday, November 1, 2010

things that have gone super downhill have come back up again :)

so a while ago, i was actually pretty pissed at certain aspects of my job. i was...i guess, dis-satisfied, for reasons i will have to go into later because it's quite late here. in a few words, dislike for some of my coworkers and people on my team, not sure if this fellowship is going where, the things i wanted to happen sort of fell through, on and on. Plus the homesickness, i was in a real emotional funk. I still remember the day when i got really upset after work because someone said something that made me feel a certain way.

but then i also believe that, whenver things turn out to be the worse, they always come back up, one way or another. Because it can't get any worse (well, actually i suppose it can, but unless i do something terribly wrong, like hitting someone with a pan and therefore getting fired). But again, i try not to make work all of my life. so even getting fired isnt' the end of the world. but i digress.

Anyway, so today i found out that the super intense guy on my team will be moving to support another therapeutic area (yippe!). I was just getting myself to accept the fact that if it's someone like that who is competitive and aggressive and two faced and always on your back, i can't expect to not have to ever deal wtih someone like that. and now he's leaving my workstream! without me actually doin anything to make it happen.

secondly, i had originally want to go on a shadowing trip in december to broaden my fellowship experience, and it was orginally agreed on, and then was cancelled by the other person due to a meeting conflict. i was really sad about that because that's a very hard to come by opportunity for me, seeing my team is not very supportive of specifically carving out things for me to do. I pretty much have to fight for all these opportunities to happen, one way or another. So when i found out today that, the shadowing is back ON again, because the meeting got moved for some reason. i was like OH YEAH! :D

another quick bit, i have realized that although i still may not love my team because of certain things they do or do not do, i can learn to get along with them by pretending taht i actually like them. therefore dissolve the unfamiliarity and animosity toward them. i still have my personal feelings toward them and i stand corrected, but we can start over. and things are already turning for the better. i just have to keep at it, by at least making a lunch date/coffee date with them each week and stay persistent. my goal is to have one 'professional lunch' with someone each week.

Lastly, i have also been pushing forever to go to a conference of some sort, and i think it may actually happen this time (fingers crossed) because my boss found a good opportunity and is going to try to push for me. on top of that, the BIG boss also approved that i work on a meeting planning. I'm also helping with a strategy lead in the team on planning a project.

Divine intervention. :) Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like things are moving in a good direction now! Happy for you~ I believe it will be a lot of work, but I'm sure you will do well in anything you do! 加油~

    ReplyDelete