Sunday, February 3, 2013

tiredness in my brain

this week is really the crunch time for GMAT. my brain is tired from the intense class and homework schedule for a week, on top of full time working and business travels, and trying to keep everything a secret. i am taking in 4 days and yet i feel like since Sunday night my brain just sort of shut off. i could not read another argumentative passage or draw another ratio pie to solve for x and y. Thank god i grew up in asia so the geometry isn't that big of a problem. But yes, the data sufficiency questions make me want to scream. I have so much to lose if i do horrible. that makes me freak out too. maybe that's why i have been getting this headache. Basically work already knows that i am departing in 6 months (i secretly suspect that when they say they are trying to link me up with things i would like, they tricked me into saying my timeline). at this point, they've pretty much given up on me and are probalby looking for my replacements. it's like i'm already one foot out the door. so i need to do REALLY well on this exam. i also need to write some kick-ass essays. which is hard because like i said, i dont have anything too stellar to write about because i do medical things that take a long time to execute (publications can take up to a year to create and publish, posters/oral presentations are only one aspect of a medical congress), there's usually no big 'conflicts' i must resolve with my team-members (because i tend to be the only person who is the subject matter expert), i do have difficult 'customers' to deal with ie. the doctors and marketing colleagues who don't give a crap about publications because they just do ghost writing in China. ughh. the more i think about it, the more i feel my essays will sound like a pile of crap. it won't be anything like their other candidates, "achieved 170% growth in sales in one fiscal year" or "as the operational lead for two multi-national corporations' merger/acquisition". I mean, i would like to get to that point, but right now i am a big nerd. and i need to have people write kick-ass recommendations for me. darn. i think i better have a plan B. OR, if everything works like i expected, my next post can be named -- A YEAR IN XXXXX (city TBD). sigh.

1 comment:

  1. 加油喔!! 你真的很勇敢,才能下決心做這麼大的改變. 人生很長,路也是人走出來的,所以既然選了,就全力以赴! 希望你的考試順利,學校申請也順利,但是別忘了要找空檔休息一下,就算是到門口看看藍天,呼吸一下外面的空氣,伸伸懶腰for 2 minutes也很好. 身體健康還是很重要的喔! 加油!!

    ReplyDelete