Sunday, September 12, 2010

A very good Sunday...

I have been going into the city for 3 consecutive weeks now. And everytime right before I would sort of dread it for no apparent reasons, sometims laziness, sometimes just plain old social anxiety. But I always come home feeling great about having decided to join my friend in the city. I will chronicle my other adventures in my next few posts, but the following is what I did today in the Big Apple on a very cold and rainy day:

Missed the Susan G. Komen 5K walk/run for Breast Cancer: because i really couldn't wake up to catch the train at 612am on a Sunday morning, so i slept in for the cause.

Broadway on Broadway:
This is a once a year event during which different broadway musicals would showcase a piece of their music. This year was no exception. we got quite lucky and stayed close to the side of the stage. Kelsey Grammer was there to present some of these singing/dance numbers. Some of my favorites: Phantom (of course), The Addams Family, Chicago, Billy Elliot, Memphis, In the Heights...etc. Although i almost got pedal edema from standing too long, it was REALLY enjoyable.

Chelsea Market:
Another awesome indoor market which i LOVE (right after the ferry building in SF, Quincy Market in Boston, and Redding Market in Philly). Basically a huge antiquish building with different vendors and restaurants inside where you can casually walk through and buy foods you want to have. We decided to stop by the Lobster Store where they sell fresh seafood. i picked a super worthy sushi/sashimi combo for only $15, and my friend ordered a made-to-order crab sandwich. We then got coffee on our way out.

Bloomingdale:
Definitely a good dept store if you want nice, fashionable, and pricey clothing. I dont have the savings right now to splurge on something like that. To be quite honest all the brands they carry in Bloomingdales are very pretty pieces, but i gotta stick with my Jersey outlets with Ann Taylor, Loft, BR for now until i have the luxury to buy pretty 'play clothes' again. I dont know how people in nyc can afford to dress chic everyday.

Ten Ren Tea Time:
YES! went to tapioca milk tea in Chinatown because we were both craving it big time. Me living in Jersey and am just really deprived of chinese food/beverages. Everytime I'm in Chinatown i want to buy/eat everything. I dont even have Pho around where i live! and i miss all the HK style BBQ ducks. Anyway, the tea was really yummy. such comfort food on a rainy day.

Last Stop - Tai Pan Bakery
A Chinese bakery in Chinatown. We both got Asian bread (i got pineapple bread, bbq pork bun, and some egg tarts). I have to say that asian breads are still the better tasting breads out there. I devoured 3 of these 5 buns i got right after i got home.

In between these stops, i definitely caught up with my friend about everything: career, relationshiop, school, people at work, own expectations...etc. We then headed back to NY Penn station where we bidded each other farewell. (sigh). I miss my all my friends. I feel really lucky that I am close to these people who keep me going through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment